Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baby Steps

Today I received a reply from my "friend". The response was a non-commital "can't deal with this right now", which in a way doesn't even matter. I never expected much, but was kind of trying to get my own "house" in order if you will.

My only goal in writing it was to of course apologize for my part so that I can let it go, and then to get the acknowledgement that it was received. That alone was enough to put my mind at ease about the whole thing. I think I am working from anger and hard heartedness to empathy, sympathy and in a way, pity. Much less emotional energy spent on these than constant upset, anger and resentment.

Objective achieved. Apology sent. Apology received. Apology not necessarily accepted, but that's ok. Any kind of relationship is up to her, but I finally feel like I've been released from the grip of the resentment........ DEEP, CLEANSING BREATH......... and onto the next thing.......

1 comment:

  1. ha ha - so to come full circle with this one, my "friend" sent my husband a note, more like a self centered diatribe about how she wasn't going to address how she wronged him/us and how what I have done to her is "beyond inappropriate" and yet to be safe. What a joke. I guess I get my answer and can guiltlessly ignore her.

    ReplyDelete