Sunday, February 26, 2012

Boots on the Ground

Well, they made it. They are at their location and almost final destination. I think after a couple days of training, they will start to take over their space and be ready to patrol.

I am a little concerned with the general feeling toward Americans right now. Not that we've ever been popular, but I find it so crazy that people have such an easy time killing each other and hurting each other over religious differences.

I guess it gives me a little more perspective on the freedoms we as Americans enjoy. Whether or not someone agrees with my religion or how I practice it, I don't fear death because of it. Nor would I feel like imposing a death penalty on someone who burns a bible, or even someone who reminds me of the person who did it.

There are things in this life I will never understand. Jesus said to love one another. While it's hard to love some people the way He intended when he said that, I certainly have a much harder time hating them..... I just don't understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment