Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just Admit it already....

I am going gray. There, I said it. My hair is turning gray. I've been in denial about it so long. Plucking them out, being too vain to actually color my hair when in reality vanity should be encouraing me to color my hair. But instead, I pluck them out. And now, I can't keep up with them anymore - they have taken over!

I haven't colored my hair because I am afraid if I do it, at some point, when I am mostly gray I guess, I will want it to be natural and will have to grow the color out (which can take months -and who wants dramatic 2 toned hair?) or cut it off really short. And knowing me, I don't want that short of hair every again! Maybe I should just stop plucking them out and let them be natural now. Am I too vain for that? I think I might be. But, if I continue to pluck, I will eventually be 1/2 bald. I am definitely too vain for that. But if I color my hair, then I will be going against my rule of being cheap - which is spending entirely too much money on things like haircuts, maintenence, beauty and the like.

What a conundrum I have found myself in today....... someday I'll get the nerve to write about "the hair on my chinny chin chin". But I am WAY too vain for that!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know which is worse, gray hair or hair on my chinny chin chin. I only have a couple of grays, but the hair on my chin has "taken over" and I can't keep up with it either! It has even moved down my neck. I've bleached and plucked and they still keep coming, darker and thicker. Was I supposed to be a man?!?!? I feel your pain. Next step for me... electrolysis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, yesterday my sister pulled a long curly gray thing out of my head. (my hair is straight by the way, can you imagine how weird I look) As for the chiny chin chin.......I have this stuborn black hair that will just decide to creep out one day with no notice. It's right where it can be seen too. I've probably gone days with it hangin out on my chin telling everybody HI! I swear I'm stayin 29 forever, I don't want to see what 30 has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call the chin hair a stray eyebrow.

    ReplyDelete