Monday, February 9, 2009

Facebook Fanatic!

Well..... I have to thank K.S. for her encouragement to play around with Facebook. I spent 2 1/2 hours on there last night finding long lost friends and family members. It was wild! I have to say.... much cooler than myspace - and surprisingly I've had my facebook account longer! Ha!

Today is Monday and I had to get up at 4:32 to register the little bambina for Parent's Night Out at the YMCA. They open up online registration about that time of day for Saturday night. Kind of cool that this week is Valentine's day - even though we won't be celebrating that holiday. (Here's a funny story: When my spouse and I were dating, I was working as a fundraiser for the American Heart Association. He went to Japan for a couple weeks and came back with all these cute, romantic little gifts.... before he could give them to me, I opened my big fat mouth and told him how, since I had worked at the AHA, everyone thought I would appreciate all the heart shaped stuff - I meant paper weights and candle holders and the like - which I just had so much at that point, I certainly didn't need more. I also told him how I could really give 2 craps about Valentine's Day and how I think it's a "Hallmark" holiday. This conversation took place on February 4th; and my husband, not even missing a beat - hands me a daintly little heart shaped pendant with a beautiful Mikimoto pearl in it and says, "Well, Happy UN-Valentine's Day" and we've been celebrating UN-Valentine's Day ever since.....Can you believe he still asked me to marry him????? :))

No comments:

Post a Comment