Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Strep Throat....

So the bambina had strep throat last summer like 3 times. I kept thinking she had it over the fall and winter only to find out that she didn't and maybe I was being paranoid. The past couple days she's had quite a runny nose and since I'm kind of feeling under the weather and nasaly, I figured the lack of appetite was due to the drainage and the slight headache (maybe she doesn't have these same symptoms...)

Anyway, her half birthday is today - she's 18 months old and had to see the Dr. for shots and general health. (She's 31 inches long and 22 lbs. 10 oz.) So the Dr. sees the little rash developing on her shoulders and tummy. She says she thinks it looks like a sweat rash/heat rash, but she's going to swab her for strep anyway.

Of course, my daughter has strep throat because I didn't even think she was that sick. No fever, no other symptoms. It's just crazy. I feel like the worst mother in the world. And of course we had all the friends and their kids over for dinner last night and a playdate yesterday morning......

I guess this is a new one in the Murphy's Law of hubby leaving town. Sick kid. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment